Ride london 46mile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Omega1

Regular
Bummer - fighting off a heavy cold for the last two days - sweats, aches the lot. Decided to withdraw and use ballot place in 2017. Gutted.
Good luck everyone.

Omega1

Regular
Lee, how did it go? Any hints/tips? Sounds as though the 46 mile ride didn't experience any of the hold ups. Did you cycle in from Old Street as planned?
Any comments gratefully received.

OP
OP
Lee gg

Lee gg

Lee, how did it go? Any hints/tips? Sounds as though the 46 mile ride didn't experience any of the hold ups. Did you cycle in from Old Street as planned?
Any comments gratefully received.
Tip 1, make sure you do it its brilliant.
Old St good Base, I got their at 7 lots of free space 4 miles to the start with lots of other riders following or you can follow. Nervousness about getting to help correct start point but really easy and we'll organised

OP
OP
Lee gg

Lee gg

Also, you get away at the exact time stated don't know how they do it with so many riders everywhere you look.
The ride itself is weird at 1st lots keep to the extreme left of roads until you get the idea their are no cars and it's fast along the whole route.
Going both ways around roundabouts, under underpasses the noise of the chain gangs is amazing you really get pulled along. And the crowd along the whole way are brilliant so noisy supporting everyone it gives you goose bumps all the way round you can't help getting carried away. Food / drinks stops are great and we'll arranged the finish at the mall is amazing people/ noise/ atmosphere and the medal is great. I will definitely apply again next year may try the 100. I only stopped once to fill a bottle and rode it at 16 mph, my best sportive ever I'm my opinion.

Top Bottom