Ride out from sunderland...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
I having to go to Sunderland with my son on Saturday, and I'll have a few hours free.

Do I cycle out from sunderland or do I drive back out to Consett or similar and ride into the hills from there.

It looks like a dual carriageway nightmare for 20 miles or so!!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
There's the C2C cycle route which would go from Sunderland to Consett and back. Pretty much all off-road.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
As mentioned by @DCLane , there is the C2C route. If you wanted something "easier" there is reasonable cycling along the coast, certainly in the direction of South Shields. It is quite possible to make a "loop" of (say) 20 miles, all on tracks, or, quietist roads (we do so regularly hybrids). At South Shields, you could even take the Ferry (or cycle inland a short distance, and use Pedestrian/Cycle Tunnel), and then to Newcastle, or Blyth. There is also cycling along the coast towards Seaham, although, I am not personally familiar with that route.

colly

Re member eR
How long are you planning on riding? I possibly could make it but I'm still doing work in the house and I really could do with getting stuff sorted before I go out to play.
Quite fancy part of the c2c.

Top Bottom