Ride out with

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
A million greenfly.

Went to Knares boro, came back via Thorner and met with millions of greenfly .Waves and waves of the stupid things.Covered in them .Never known it so bad .

Alan Whicker

Definitely plenty of the buggers around at the moment. I swallowed a fly last night on the way home - it felt like the size of a small bird. Disgusting. That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut when I'm riding along the canal.

tyred

Legendary Member
Serious amount of midgets when I went out for a ride last night. Over 20mph and they sound like hailstones bouncing of my jacket. Need to keep the mouth closed...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hmm.. me too.. felt like it was walking down my gullet.. :angry:

Alan Whicker said:
Definitely plenty of the buggers around at the moment. I swallowed a fly last night on the way home - it felt like the size of a small bird. Disgusting. That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut when I'm riding along the canal.

Before I set out today, I applied the old factor 15.

Kept the sun off ok but turned me into a huge piece of fly paper:sad:

Not just green fly, but riding along lanes with Hawthorne Hedges I also got covered in Black fly. Still it made me keep my gob shut!

tyred said:
Serious amount of midgets when I went out for a ride last night. Over 20mph and they sound like hailstones bouncing of my jacket. Need to keep the mouth closed...
Dunno about hailstones off your jacket I think they would knock you clean off your bike:laugh:.

toekneep

Same for us yesterday. I thought the long cold winter was going to reduce the number of bugs rather than increase them. Greenfly in particular were a nuisance but the bigger ones that you have to chew before you can swallow are really disgusting.

Top Bottom