Ride with Brad - New date - 11th August 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ride with Brad

Hello

Ride with Brad is now on Sunday 11th August, due to changes to Brad's training goals over the summer!

Online entry will open on 28th June at http://ridewithbrad.org.uk/

3 routes to choose from: 50km (£35), 100km and 160km (£40). This is your opportunity to ride with Sir Bradley Wiggins!

There will also be a large event village, with a Festival of Sport including a fun run, the rugby world cup on display, and a number of national sporting bodies offering try out sessions.

Latest news can be read here - http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/sp...24-Ride-with-Brad-back-on-new-date-for-2013-0

Hope you can join us!

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
The wife must have slipped me some on happy pills this morning , as I went and signed up smashing the previous max spending limit .
Ohh I need a sit down ,,, £40 to peddle up big hills ,,

danielstucke

Über Member
I will be there doing the 100miler - looking forward to it. Did the 60mile route last year. If you've not done it before beware the last 15 miles, lots of shortish, sharp hills just as you think you've got over all the big stuff!

Hopefully the weather will be better than last year!

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Weather looking a bit changeable for Sunday. 40% chance of showers and max of 16c, so it could be a bit chilly first thing. Fingers crossed it changes for the better.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Why would anyone want to pay £40 to cycle with celebrities?

Because its fun.

Because they can

Because its a nice thing to do.

Because a lot of cyclists like the social side of these events.

Because a significant amount of the money raised goes to the BW foundation which supports cycling and in particular womans cycling.

Apart from that I can't think of reason.

Edit: I can't go but I would if could, I hope you all have a great day out.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'll be there. Again. I've done this several times (yes it was, it was just known under a different name) but didn't finish last year due to a nasty crash just outside Quernmore. Unfinished business to deal with on the morrow for me.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Had a shirt made last year after the Tour de France so tomorrow looks the right place to be wearing it..
dtup605ttut69t79p03_bye.jpg

And yes I know Brad was born in Belgium not Britain , but as a bloke I used to work with used to say , If a chicken lays an egg in the pig sty, when it hatches is it a Chicken or a Pig ,, ,,,, its a chicken, as its not where you are born, its what you are that makes you who you are..

PaulB

Legendary Member
Had a shirt made last year after the Tour de France so tomorrow looks the right place to be wearing it..
View attachment 27472
And yes I know Brad was born in Belgium not Britain , but as a bloke I used to work with used to say , If a chicken lays an egg in the pig sty, when it hatches is it a Chicken or a Pig ,, ,,,, its a chicken, as its not where you are born, its what you are that makes you who you are..
Nice shirt and as I always say when people misguidedly bring up the Bradley birth-place thing, Jesus Christ was born in a stable. Does that make him a horse?

Top Bottom