RideLondon-Essex 100 (2023) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Entries open 28th September 2023.
Do you mean 2022?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I quite enjoyed it this year as the closed roads made it something quite different, and it was nowhere near as "mamilly" as I thought it might be, although this might be partly because I started in the last wave where things were pretty chilled out.

If I decide to enter I'll definitely be putting the max possible estimated time to ensure a late start. Although, £99 is a bit steep.

Well done to @dickyknees for maintaining the traditional thread title.

Hmm, I'll be driving down to l'Eroica that morning, so shall have to enlist the help of the fam' to keep refreshing the webpage. I wonder if it's midnight, 9.00am or 10.00am (the usual favourite opening times)? ^_^

steverob

Guru
I think it's a pity that RideLondon was moved forward in the year to late May (I was hoping 2022 might have been a one-off), because there's so many other big Sportives happening around the same time and I can't justify doing more than one of them when they're so close together. Whereas if I rode one of the others in May and then this in August like it used to be, that would be a lot easier to arrange.

As it is, next year I'm already down to do Tour of Cambridgeshire first week in June, so maybe will do RL in 2024.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
How much????????????????:wacko::wacko:

Quite

:eek:

OP
OP
dickyknees

dickyknees

Guru
£99 + accommodation etc. would make this a very expensive weekend and I'd rather put the money into the tour.
Indeed.
By the time you added the travel costs, ULEZ and congestion charges, parking, inflated hotel prices, it makes the event weekend very poor value for money.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Indeed.
By the time you added the travel costs, ULEZ and congestion charges, parking, inflated hotel prices, it makes the event weekend very poor value for money.

So I'd be getting it "cheap"? :laugh:

I only have to ride in to and out of London. Hell, by then I'll have my old codger's Oyster card so I'll probably be able to get the train back free if my old codger's legs are too tired.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Indeed.

Yes, I agree. I'd like to ride again but only because I want to try for a sub 5 hour century. I would have done it this year, 5:04 was my time, if I hadn't hung around with a couple of buddies for the first hour. I really should have just gone but it seemed very rude to do so. I'd be looking at £450-500 for the weekend and I can't justify that for the pure vanity of a sub five hour time.

As said above I'm having 2-3 weeks touring in France and better to spend the cash on that.

Top Bottom