RideLondon Grand Prix & Surrey Classic (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Canny see the wages at NFTO covering his rent in Monaco though

rich p

ridiculous old lush

"...after not getting the opportunities to use his sprint to the best effect at the highest level in cycle sport."

Certainly seems to have worked.
Yep, proved a point and talked in the post race interview of getting noticed from on high again.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
In other news, I think we have conclusive proof of doping in the women's race, looking at the legs on the left:

Legs.jpg

i missed the race. i was watching on the screen in green park, but i was frozen and three extra layers piled on me and a lovely cup of coffee failed to warm me up.

hopefully i can see highlights somewhere.

the roads were abysmal, flooding pretty much everywhere, not sure if that showed up in the coverage, but i really doubt it cleared in the few hours from me going through as there was more rain.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
It was pretty heavily flooded in areas, to the extent that they had flag marshals warning the race of standing water

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
because she can?.

And how. The first man across the line had a time of about 3:25 - probably the fastest male time of the day. Vos, probably treating it as a training ride and being held up by slower riders ahead of her, did it in 3:31. As a recovery ride after coming second in a crit yesterday evening.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
... Vos, probably treating it as a training ride and being held up by slower riders ahead of her, did it in 3:31. As a recovery ride after coming second in a crit yesterday evening.

...and after training with her trade team yesterday morning before flying over for the crit.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Going back to the GP, it was great to see how Wiggle-Honda took on Vos, wave after wave of attacks, and after all that, Bronzini only beat her by a wheel. As Vos only had one team mate (Knetemann?) for protection, all that work to get just a metre ahead, was a testament to the strength of Vos. And the W-H riders are by no means slouches.

Random obs: Roxanne Gilmour did an amazing job of commentating while the team she manages were pack-hunting Vos.

Bronzini, post race, was appreciative of the spectators ''cheesing'' her on. I wonder what cheese we should support her with - I'm going with a nice Pecorino though I've got some Parmesan in the fridge.

Emily Collins was wearing a black-and-white W-H strip. That confused me - I think of their strip as being like those orange liquorice allsorts so I didn't know which team was attacking. I noticed afterwards that her kit had traces of that Kiwi silver fern, if in the negative, on the sleeves.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Going back to the GP, it was great to see how Wiggle-Honda took on Vos, wave after wave of attacks, and after all that, Bronzini only beat her by a wheel. As Vos only had one team mate (Knetemann?) for protection, all that work to get just a metre ahead, was a testament to the strength of Vos. And the W-H riders are by no means slouches.

Not only W-H. Constant attacking throughout the whole race, some aimed at Vos, some not. Good to see Sarah Storey, Eileen Rowe, Hannah Barnes and others taking a turn on the front. The vid confirmed really what we saw live - there seemed to be attacks going in every time they passed us. That last attack by Eileen Rowe may have been crucial as well - I had the impression Vos went quite early in the sprint to counter Rowe, then didn't quite have the legs to keep it going all the way and started to tie up, letting Bronzini just pip her.

Bronzini, post race, was appreciative of the spectators ''cheesing'' her on. I wonder what cheese we should support her with - I'm going with a nice Pecorino though I've got some Parmesan in the fridge..

Mascarpone?

Emily Collins was wearing a black-and-white W-H strip. That confused me - I think of their strip as being like those orange liquorice allsorts so I didn't know which team was attacking. I noticed afterwards that her kit had traces of that Kiwi silver fern, if in the negative, on the sleeves.

NZ National champion's jersey

Random obs: Roxanne Gilmour did an amazing job of commentating while the team she manages were pack-hunting Vos...

She did. Objectively, as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom