RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2016) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Got back from holiday last night so I've had a busy day sorting out the bike. Forks off to adjust and regrease the bearings. New brake cables, outers and handlebar tape. Changed the front derailleur. Oh, and went to the Excel.
Having a bottle of Doom Bar now (relaxation)

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Blimey, I feel old but the only normal person around. I am out in Shoreditch having some expensive beers and even more responsive food. Getting registered earlier was a mission, roll on the morning.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Had a last minute panic. I was doing some final fettling and managed to snap my seat post clamp.
It was 4.45pm, none of my other bikes had the same clamp, so i had to cycle without a saddle to my LBS which shuts at 5pm. They replaced the clamp for £3.50, i gave them a fiver, what a bargain.
So three cheers for White's Cycles in Bexleyheath.

Simontm

Veteran
The petrol station in Dorking just before the turn onto the A24 (about mile 60) has food. And ice cream. And no queues.
The ice cream van at the Box Hill hub was empty of Qs and I very much enjoyed my ice lolly last year. ^_^
Good luck and enjoy all those riding :cheers:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
How much alcohol is it acceptable to drink the night before the event?

I just had 3 pints and a pizza.
This is me. If any of you see me, shout "Hi Ben"
IMG_20160730_212745.jpg

Reactions: mjr

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Anyone know if there's somewhere selling breakfast (bacon roll would be perfect) at the start?

My hotel doesn't start breakfast until 8:00 which is way too late.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Just got up to catch my bus, bleedin heck it's early, not long ago I would be still wandering the streets munching on a kebab this time of the morning.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I went to bed at 9pm and set my alarm for 3.30. I woke up at 2a.m.! Oh well.

Now need to decide what to wear so as to not get cold at the start and not overheat later.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I went to bed at 9pm and set my alarm for 3.30. I woke up at 2a.m.! Oh well.

Now need to decide what to wear so as to not get cold at the start and not overheat later.
Yeah it's not that warm out there 10 degrees when I caught the bus.
Had bugger all sleep, just couldn't get off.....
Gonna be a long day.

cliveyp

God I'm not the only one that struggled with sleeping! Put the bike back together and climbed into the pit at about 11. Lost count of the amount of times I woke up worrying about sleeping through my alarm!

Plenty of time to get myself ready and grab some brekkie before I head off though!

Top Bottom