Rider Down - A560 Stockport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Saw the aftermath of an accident this morning at about 8.00am.

Rider sat on pavement, front of helmet smashed and blood covering face - didn't look too good.

Accident between road bike rider and a green corsa. East bound on A560 between Cheadle (Morrisons and Aldi area) and Stockport, about half a mile before you reach the Pyramid. Bike in middle of road, corsa had done a 270 spin by the looks of it. Wide straight section of road, low traffic, one side junction from a housing estate.

Hope he's OK, Police in attendance, no ambulance at that point. A number of cars stopped.

Fingers crossed for the rider. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Saw another this morning on bike friday ride in 8:40ish; Fallowfield; but rider seemed OK (standing, no blood) and ambulance was there already. Young female car driver by looks of things, young male cyclist...

janm399

Veteran
I hope both riders pull through!

This morning was indeed pretty hairy on the roads around Cheadle and Poynton. I lost count of the number of drivers in executive cars who are far too important to wait and women who are completely unaware of just how wide their 4x4 is.

janm399

Veteran
fossyant said:
It was pretty dull / low light at 7.30 onwards - had all my lights on too

Yes, it was! The sun was shining when I set off at 7:15, but just as I turned onto Wilmslow road, it went grey and dull. I've started keeping my lights on all the time now.

On another note, have you noticed the number of ninjas on the roads?

mattybain

fossyant said:
It was pretty dull / low light at 7.30 onwards - had all my lights on too

Apart from the sheets of glass still on the B5096 2 days later it all seemed very quiet around Cheadle this morning.

Did see 2 cyclists wearing shades this morning, what's that about? wasn't it dark enough!!

mattybain said:
Did see 2 cyclists wearing shades this morning, what's that about? wasn't it dark enough!!

After the ride in this morning, I will be using my shades too on clear mornings - I rode straight into what I call 'winter sun', the road itself was blinding me, let alone when I looked up at the sky.

Hope the cyclists are ok.

janm399

Veteran
Landslide said:
They can't be very good ninjas if you're noticing them! ;)

Touché!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

mattybain said:
Apart from the sheets of glass still on the B5096 2 days later it all seemed very quiet around Cheadle this morning.

Manchester Road - B5095 ? - Loads of glass on there just after the motorway flyover headding north.

mattybain

fossyant said:
Manchester Road - B5095 ? - Loads of glass on there just after the motorway flyover headding north.

Yes, sorry typo.

The glass was actually going South at first, great big panes of it on the road on Wednesday morning. However coming home it had spread and this morning it's still all over the place.

Can't believe someone could drop so much glass and just leave it strewn all over the road.

Does Stockport council have an easy way of reporting stuff like this?

potsy

Rambler
fossyant said:
Saw the aftermath of an accident this morning at about 8.00am.

Rider sat on pavement, front of helmet smashed and blood covering face - didn't look too good.

Accident between road bike rider and a green corsa. East bound on A560 between Cheadle (Morrisons and Aldi area) and Stockport, about half a mile before you reach the Pyramid. Bike in middle of road, corsa had done a 270 spin by the looks of it. Wide straight section of road, low traffic, one side junction from a housing estate.

Hope he's OK, Police in attendance, no ambulance at that point. A number of cars stopped.

Fingers crossed for the rider. :wacko:
That's my route in to work/home,hope he's ok,never seen any incidents down there it's a pretty low risk part of my commute.
Suppose it only takes a split second lapse of concentration for an accident to occure anywhere.:smile:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

The road is low risk - nice and wide, which is why it shocked me. Goodness knows how it happened - I'm pretty sure he's one of the 'regulars' I pass

Anyway, back to the 'glass issue' on Manchester Rd - a response within an hour..

Dear xxxxx,
Thankyou for your email regarding the broken panes of glass on both carriageways of Manchester Road.
I have raised an enquiry to the Street Cleansing Department who will investigate within 1 working day.
Case Reference:10780983

Top Bottom