Rider down - Castleford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You know the area better: looking at the map, wouldn't you have to ride that bit of the A639 from Methley turn to reach the greenway at Jin-Whin Hill without spending almost a mile doubling back through Methley Junction? The obvious road between Low Common and the greenway seems to be marked private.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@mjr - it's possible to get through even though it's shown as a private road. However, it's quicker simply to go by road as the only route is to go West, then double back.

The collision has happened between the Barnsdale Road/Green Lane junction and the River Calder bridge. It's a straight, wide road at this point with good visibility and no exits/entrances but the 40mph limit is treated with contempt. I'll await any investigation reports but personal experience, and regular police car speed traps, has shown the speed limit to be ignored.

Capture.PNG

DRM

Guru
Ridden that road a lot, the number of idiots that treat it as a race track is astounding, even one A*%e hole regularly seen dragging a huge trailer with a Range Rover at excessive speed

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I used to drive that route a lot when I lived in Pontefract and worked in Leeds. It was always pretty busy and as you say, the speed limit was considered to be optional by many drivers.

Top Bottom