Rides around Edgbaston please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ergle

Über Member
I'll be spending next week working and staying in Edgbaston near Birmingham.
I will be taking the bike, and would appreciate any recommendations for 2 hour loops from that area.

Thanks

Harbornite

Clicky linky

Not used them myself but looks interesting, might be of some use to you.

marinbearvalley

I'll be spending next week working and staying in Edgbaston near Birmingham.
I will be taking the bike, and would appreciate any recommendations for 2 hour loops from that area.

Thanks

That's where I grew up! and know the roads like the back of my hand, mainly from cycling. Not sure what to suggest in the way of a loop though, depends on what you would want to see. I guess I am too blessed with countryside and hills these days. Brings back happy memories of being a kid cycling out to the international airport and watching Concorde fly in and out (on special occasions) and cycling to THE football ground in town
wink.gif

Hope you enjoy it. It is quite diverse from the "leafy EdgBARston" (sic) to the red-light district. erm. apparently.
mellow.gif

jimboalee

That's where I grew up! and know the roads like the back of my hand, mainly from cycling. Not sure what to suggest in the way of a loop though, depends on what you would want to see. I guess I am too blessed with countryside and hills these days. Brings back happy memories of being a kid cycling out to the international airport and watching Concorde fly in and out (on special occasions) and cycling to THE football ground in town
wink.gif

Hope you enjoy it. It is quite diverse from the "leafy EdgBARston" (sic) to the red-light district. erm. apparently.
mellow.gif

You didn't ride the No.11 route then....?? Start at Selly Oak Park, go round via Handsworth, Perry Barr, past the Villa ground, Erdington, Fox and Goose, Swan, Westley Arms, Cadbury World and finish at the new Queen Elizabeth Hospital.... The nurses in A&E like undressing injured cyclists.

Top Bottom