Rides Around York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisRicho

Ok, so i should have my bike back soon and hopefully i will be on it for long enough to do more than 8 miles this time!

I am quite good at getting lost
whistling.gif
even just in town to be honest im useless.

So i was just wondering if any one knew any idiot proof beginner routes that would be nice to do leaving from York city centre?

Thanks in advance

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Millenium Bridge - Race Course - Bishopthorpe and on and on and on towards Selby.

As seen on this map which you can zoom in a lot more than that.

Paladin - York

Maybe also Route 65 north from Scarborough Railway Bridge, east side, (any bike can do this!) by the Ouse upto Skelton then back into York on the A19 cycle track, which dips under the by-pass, through Rawcliffe & Clifton and back along Bootham.

If you like beer I can recommend the Maltings pub in York, near the railway station. All sorts of unusual beer and didn't throw me out for arriving in MTB shorts either, has cycle stands outside too ^_^

Recommended to me by Arch on this forum, and I can see why.... the cheese toasties were a treat too.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Personally, I recommend a trip along the Wetherby back roads. I'll quite happily come with you if we both have a day off (though I'm not particularly fast, be warned).

Top Bottom