Rides in Leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudor

Hello,

I'm looking for anyone to ride with in Leeds or the surrounding areas.
Can be any distance, I don;t mind. Also I have a LOT of free time so any time/day is usually good for me.

Also, if I decide to go by myself on a decent ride I'll post here in case someone wants to join.
So I'm open to suggestions, hope to see some people get together.

colly

Re member eR
Weekends are about the only times I can get out just now. Make sure to post up your rides and I'll keep an eye open for them.

Early mornings and evenings too sometimes but I am either too knackered to go after work or too well abed in the mornings. Roll on the lighter mornings .

I'm thinking of arranging a ride out of Leeds maybe next month. It'll be in the informal rides section.

Edit: errr? this IS the informal ride section isn't it? Doh !

Holy Warrior

I'd be very interested to see what sort of routes and ride ideas you can come up with, around the south side unfortunately. I know the best riding is north side. I'm a bit of a lone wolf tbh but I like to see where people are riding, especially so close!

Holy Warrior

Hello,

I'm looking for anyone to ride with in Leeds or the surrounding areas.
Can be any distance, I don;t mind. Also I have a LOT of free time so any time/day is usually good for me.

Also, if I decide to go by myself on a decent ride I'll post here in case someone wants to join.
So I'm open to suggestions, hope to see some people get together.

Sorry for the double post but i thought that quoting you would alert you back to this thread, see my above post please :smile:

colly

Re member eR
Sorry for the double post but i thought that quoting you would alert you back to this thread, see my above post please :smile:

I know you are to the south but if you fancy a spin out this Sunday am I will be going, probably, out to towards Harrogate early-ish. Maybe 35 miles or so moderately hilly. How far do you like to ride usually? If you have a good route around your way I could easily ride down.

Holy Warrior

I know you are to the south but if you fancy a spin out this Sunday am I will be going, probably, out to towards Harrogate early-ish. Maybe 35 miles or so moderately hilly. How far do you like to ride usually? If you have a good route around your way I could easily ride down.

I like the sound of a "spin" :smile: It will be my first ride of the year and I wasn't quick towards the end of last year! 35 sounds spot on, not too far but sounds tough. Where are you thinking of going (apart from Harrogate :smile: ). I'm from Dewsbury, where would be a good meeting point?

I can't confirm yet, i've just got some new pedals/ shoes/ tyres which need putting on/ sorting out first and I think it may be my mates birthday saturday so we'll probably be going out for it. I'm trying to get that on the friday night but i'm failing miserably! I won;t be on a bender, i'm a bit too concerned about being in shape for May,for that but i'll he having a late night and a few jars though. Don't feel like doing the ride on that!

colly

Re member eR
Maybe something like this:

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/892577

Shorter or longer as you please really. It's kind of hilly though but the scenery is good and once off the main roads the traffic is very light. I've plotted it from Oakwood Clock at the edge of Roundhay Park. Mainly because it's near to where I live. ^_^

Holy Warrior

It's not looking likely to be honest Colly, my cold's festered into a dodgy chest which probably won't shift by the weekend. I'm going to rule myself out of this so i'm not messing you about.

I'm really envious of the north leeds territory!

colly

Re member eR
It's not looking likely to be honest Colly, my cold's festered into a dodgy chest which probably won't shift by the weekend. I'm going to rule myself out of this so i'm not messing you about.

I'm really envious of the north leeds territory!

Don't worry about it. I'll be doing it, or something like it anyway.^_^ I just hope you fight it off soon.

Yes it's nice countryside between Leeds and Harrogate, well pretty much all of the Wharfe Valley is good. Something I always knew but didn't appreciate fully until I began riding a bike.

Another time. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom