Ridgeback Paorama

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
'Dents in the top tube - doesn't affect performance'. But it could affect structural rigidity.

I'd look at the bike in the flesh and make a judgement. If the dents in the top tube are merely cosmetic then you're okay, but they're deeper, then your bike coud be seriously weakened.

How much is it worth?

Not sure - again would need to view in person. He says it needs a service - this can mean a variety of things. My idea of service may is a complete strip down - new cables, brake blocks, grease the hubs, true the wheels, etc. His might involve less work.

Might be worth asking him about all of the above.

Just noticed that you'v e worked out £200 work required. Then if you can get the bike for less than £100 you'd have a great bike for £300.

Like I said, the dents worry me. Check them out if you haven't already

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
'Dents in the top tube - doesn't affect performance'. But it could affect structural rigidity.

I'd look at the bike in the flesh and make a judgement. If the dents in the top tube are merely cosmetic then you're okay, but they're deeper, then your bike coud be seriously weakened.

How much is it worth?

Not sure - again would need to view in person. He says it needs a service - this can mean a variety of things. My idea of service may is a complete strip down - new cables, brake blocks, grease the hubs, true the wheels, etc. His might involve less work.

Might be worth asking him about all of the above.

Just noticed that you'v e worked out £200 work required. Then if you can get the bike for less than £100 you'd have a great bike for £300.

Like I said, the dents worry me. Check them out if you haven't already

I think I can see two large dents in the top tube even in the small picture on the ebay ad. If they are that big I wouldnt ride it but maybe its just a shadow or something. Ask the seller for closeuppictures of the dents.

OP
OP
roundisland
Thanks for the replies. The owner is sending close up pictures this evening so will know more then. I never realised a dent could weaken the frame structure. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom