Ridiculous song lyrics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
trekkie said:
"A star
Lit up like a cigar
Strung out like a guitar
Maybe you can educate my mind

Explain all these controls
Can't sing but I've got soul
The goal is elevation"

Elevation by U2. Like the song, but the lyrics are something else... :biggrin:

I can't listen to it, it's so stupid. But pretentious at the same time, which is worse. At least many of the other things here are deliberately being weird or freaky, U2 are just... well, crap.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Flying_Monkey said:
I can't listen to it, it's so stupid. But pretentious at the same time, which is worse. At least many of the other things here are deliberately being weird or freaky, U2 are just... well, crap.

Look, if you've got something to say, just say it. Stop beating around the bush:biggrin:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Flying_Monkey said:

For Heaven's sake, that falls into the category of sacrilege. Bono is the Messiah, isn't he? Well, isn't he......?

Debian

Davidc said:
I'm told the lyrics of 1970s progressive rock songs made perfect sense - if you were simultaneously under the influence of at least three different mind-altering substances at the time.

It's true, I can vouch for it.

Well, I'm not about to type out all the lyrics for Karn Evil 9 everything by Emerson, Lake and Palmer, but I think they'd beat anything!!!
Not sure about that - some of their lyrics make perfect sense - The Sheriff - for example, but Yes, now they're a whole different league......Roundabout?? Long Distance Runaround?? Anybody got any idea? No, neither have I since 1972.....

Cubist

Still wavin'
A movement is accomplished in six stages
And the seventh brings return.
The seven is the number of the young light
It forms when darkness is increased by one.
Change returns success
Going and coming without error.
Action brings good fortune.
Sunset.

Sid Barrett at his most f*cking baffling. We're supposed to think this shoot is iconic. I listened to Piper at the Gates of Dawn all the way through the other day. No wonder they binned him off!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
andytheflyer said:
Not sure about that - some of their lyrics make perfect sense - The Sheriff - for example, but Yes, now they're a whole different league......Roundabout?? Long Distance Runaround?? Anybody got any idea? No, neither have I since 1972.....

Ah, Yes. Southampton Gaumont, circa 1971. I forget the details, but the bassist was wearing some very hairy black apres-ski boots. They were very good live, and unfashionably for the era, utterly professional.

Or something, Man...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
slowmotion said:
For Heaven's sake, that falls into the category of sacrilege. Bono is the Messiah, isn't he? Well, isn't he......?

If he is, I've got a hammer and some nails.
I've got a hammer and some nails even if he isn't, for that matter.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
TheDoctor said:
If he is, I've got a hammer and some nails.
I've got a hammer and some nails even if he isn't, for that matter.

I believe that Rhythm Thief recently admitted to owning a 16 lb sledge. I have the "needful" large gauge six inch industrial fasteners.

Oh yes, you pick up the sledge before the nocturnal rendezvous...bring coffee and cake.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Told my girl I'd have to forget her
Rather buy me a new carburettor

(I'm In Love With My Car - Queen, 1975)

As for Yes' Roundabout…

I will remember you
Your silhouette will charge the view
Of distant atmospheres

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark