riding buddies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nosherduke996

Hi all, Just started cycling and looking to find anyone else living near or around Dorking in surrey.I am a 53 year old male and recently sold my Ducati to by a decent road bike.
I try to get out 2 evenings and a sunday morning and do 20 to 30 miles.
If anyone else is up for a ride then let me know.
Also thinking about a local cycle club but dont want to commit myself yet as i want to get fitter.:blush:

Bigtwin

I'm close to you and would be happy to ride. I'll even resist the open goal of the difference between a Duke and a decent road bike!

The Charlotteville in Guildford is a very welcoming club doing a mix of rides and weekly time trials - no need to feel intimidated there.

Bigtwin

nosherduke996 said:
O.K. I WILL TAKE THE BAIT WHAT MOTORCYCLE DO YOU RIDE?

1150 Adv and PX125 currently - not at the same time.

Was tempted by a Desmo a short while back, but managed to resist - service intervals was a bit shocking! Also had to toss up between a VFR and a ST4 - VF won for similar reasons.

The idea free garage would have a 999 in though. Just need that lottery win...

ajb

nosherduke996 said:
£1000 every time it went into a Ducati dealer

and I thought my Aprillia RSV 1000r was expensive.
it had to go in the end, not got a bike at all now, needing the money to help my son through 3yrs of uni.

kool4caats

I live in Guildford, and I'm up for doing a few rides. I'm in the process of getting fitter too, mostly through my commute to work (Guildford to Addlestone) which is 12 miles, and I can do it in roughly 40 - 45 mins at the moment. I've only got a hybrid though - Think I might graduate to a full race bike before long.

I've had a look at the Charlotteville club. It looks good. I'm thinking of going to one of their meetups sometime in the near future - Perhaps the beginners one to start with :smile:

OP
OP
nosherduke996

nosherduke996

Hi,cool4cats, i am cycling down to brighton on sunday from Newdigate nr Dorking if you fancy a ride out.I will also ride back so it will be around 70miles total.Also i am hopeing to me a few from Redhill cycle club as i am thinking of joining them.
Currently i am doing about 70 miles a week for the last eight weeks and it is getting alot easyer.

kool4caats

nosherduke996 said:
Hi,cool4cats, i am cycling down to brighton on sunday from Newdigate nr Dorking if you fancy a ride out.I will also ride back so it will be around 70miles total.Also i am hopeing to me a few from Redhill cycle club as i am thinking of joining them.
Currently i am doing about 70 miles a week for the last eight weeks and it is getting alot easyer.

That does sound good. I think I'm gonna be busy this Sunday, though :biggrin:

Top Bottom