Riding with cracked ribs !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
I crashed a couple weeks ago while playing in the woods, and cracked a couple ribs. My doctor advised me to take some time off the bike, so I figured two weeks was enough. It was half day Friday and I was itching to get back out in the woods, so off I went for a tad over two and a half hours. Most times my legs don't like when I take more than three day of riding off. But I was really surprised because they came out feeling really great and were eager the whole ride. The only negative for the day was how chilly it was, 54 Degrees / 12.2 Celsius. So I had to take the arm and leg warmers out of hibernation.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiDtlA7s42A

Drago

Legendary Member
Theres no reason to avoid riding with cracked ribs if you can tolerate the pain. A compound fracture is a different matter entirely...

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Theres no reason to avoid riding with cracked ribs if you can tolerate the pain. A compound fracture is a different matter entirely...

I was more worried about the back than the ribs, and a I can tolerate the pain. The back has taken me off my feet and out of work for months when it really gets bad.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Don't mind the ache's and pains.
im getting to the stage where its a constant battle
broken ribs from a fall. broke toes where ladder fell on it, weakened shoulder , then arthritis in thumbs .

Top Bottom