Ridley Fenix SL30.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RegG

Über Member
Hi everyone. I'm still contemplating my 'N+1' and have come across the Ridley Fenix SL30 which seems to meet some of my criteria - e.g. decent pedigree, full Ultegra groupset, reasonable weight.

Anyone on here have one of these bikes or have knowledge of them? Would be pleased to hear what anyone thinks of this particular model and/or the brand.

vickster

Legendary Member
@Elybazza61 is a Ridley fan

I may be:whistle:.

Don't have a Fenix but one of our club members has and he is well pleased with it(he is Belgian though^_^).

I nearly bought one before I got the Helium and in a way it might have been a better bet for my location but the Helium was too good a price to resist.Might look at the ally version as a winter bike sometime in the future to replace the Icarus as it can take bigger tyres.

Think you would be pleased with it and they are quite a rare sight too.

Good write up here about it;

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/in-depth/1...email&utm_source=newsletter&tpid=360942790641

OP
OP
RegG

RegG

Über Member
I may be:whistle:.

Don't have a Fenix but one of our club members has and he is well pleased with it(he is Belgian though^_^).

I nearly bought one before I got the Helium and in a way it might have been a better bet for my location but the Helium was too good a price to resist.Might look at the ally version as a winter bike sometime in the future to replace the Icarus as it can take bigger tyres.

Think you would be pleased with it and they are quite a rare sight too.

Good write up here about it;

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/in-depth/1...email&utm_source=newsletter&tpid=360942790641

Thanks for the reply. I have seen the write up but in BikesEtc (Cyclists sister mag) and was impressed. The Ultegra build is almost complete, the cassette is a 105 but otherwise everything else is Ultegra unlike some of the other major brands who mix Ultegra, 105 and even non-series components but still refer to the drivetrain as Ultegra! The other major selling point for me is that it is available in colours other than black!!

I have found a local bike shop who are Ridley dealers so will be taking myself off there when I can to have a look at one in the flesh. They also sell Bianchi's which is another bike on my short list so will be able to compare!

Last edited:
Top Bottom