Ridley Icarus SLS -Sold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ridleys definitely size up big, I'm 6'2" and usually a 58cm I reckon this is only just too small for me, so I would suggest 5'10-6' as a guide.
@largeruk as above...yes as 170cm is what, 5'7? You'd need a small 52cm Ridley. A too big roadbike is not a good idea

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Does that mean it'll be too tall/long for my 170cm height and 74cm inside leg?

Unfortunately I think so;you could probably make it fit but you'd be better off finding a more suitably sized frame TBH.

largeruk

Über Member
@largeruk as above...yes as 170cm is what, 5'7? You'd need a small 52cm Ridley. A too big roadbike is not a good idea

Unfortunately I think so;you could probably make it fit but you'd be better off finding a more suitably sized frame TBH.
Ah ok. Drat! But thanks both for the sane & sensible advice. As a novice with a v limited budget, what kind of thing would you recommend that's secondhand but a good/decent buy? Thank you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah ok. Drat! But thanks both for the sane & sensible advice. As a novice with a v limited budget, what kind of thing would you recommend that's secondhand but a good/decent buy? Thank you.
Triban from Decathlon are good buys, not bad price new either
Otherwise, an older Giant Defy, Specialized Allez or similar

@biggs682 might have something?

largeruk

Über Member
Thanks @vickster

@largeruk i have this if retro is any use Claud Butler Road bike or if it's got to be modern i have a 54cm Viner Maxima rs 4.0 but might be a bit long
Hi biggs682

I have no problem with retro or newer - my budget is small but I'd like something that is decent/good value/makes sense as a starter bike but is also a reasonable road bike & commuter. So here's the thing - I want to see if I like the whole road biking thing but also have v few £s and also would like to commute with it. To me, this means semi-decent spec/weight. mudguards, lights and decent tyres that won't puncture at the slightest provocation. Does thar make sense or should my priorities be elsewhere?

Serge

Über Member
Must admit I keep looking and feeling the same
Stop posting on this thread or I'll end up buying it! Swines!

Kernow_T

Über Member
Bought for my bro who I'm going to encourage into cycling after relocation following personal/relationship troubles. Look forward to a sneaky spin or 5 before he moves down this way later in the month.
I'll pop a few pics 'in front of a gate' 'in front of water' to show her off in her new home.

Cheers

Top Bottom