Rim brake to disc compatability

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kurious

I have an old Orange P7 frame which has a disc mount. I'm looking to put an Avid BB7 on it. The info I'm getting seems to suggest that the caliper mount should be 74mm.
On my frame it measures roughly 55mm drill hole to hole. Does anyone know if the measurement changed in the past? Am I even measuring the right points?
Thanks.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Disc mounts have changed quite a bit over the years. There are 4 standards I'm aware of, these being Flat Mount, Post Mount, IS Mount and FS (or Formula) Mount. Formula is the oldest, pre 2000. I'm guessing you'll have Formula or IS on an old P7 frame but you'll have to do some digging I'm afraid as I can't remember much more than that other than I've owned all of them over the years :laugh:

OP
OP
K

Kurious

Interesting. Thank you. I shall do some accurate measuring and look into the possibility of sourcing an adaptor. Off the top of my head I would guess SJS Cycles may be a good starting point. May be life in the old chap yet!

iluvmybike

Über Member
They are still readily available - just make sure as well as specifying front or rear to specify disk rotor size - 160mm is the standard rotor size

Top Bottom