RIP Alvin Stardust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
That bloke who had his arm gnawed off by his own digs has a spare glove going begging.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The BBC is reporting that Alvin has died aged 72.

Perhaps we could mark his passing by wearing one black glove.

I'll wear one white glove to make it look like I'm wearing one black glove.

Seriously though, I've seen Alvin Stardust at Pocklington Arts Centre twice over the past four years. His shows were wonderful, full of warmth and mirrored the music heritage that he lived and played through.

I for one will miss him.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
prostate cancer - get out there and get your doctor to shove a finger up your arse. The consequences of being squemish about that are far far worse than that.

He was seen on the golf course recently:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6TlPmetS7WHFrAF-ra-GKA0A_5uTTwVkNxcpkEUQ4S2akTnSk.jpg

Yeah, another one from my teenage years to go. I remember trying to bop to his songs at school discos (Friday lunchtime :laugh:).

accountantpete

Brexiteer
[QUOTE 3342643, member: 259"]The story of 'Alvin Stardust' is really weird. I didn't know until recently that it wasn't him singing on My Coo Ca Choo, and Shane Fenton was only hired because the real singer didn't want to stay being Alvin Stardust. :wacko:[/QUOTE]

And he only got the Shane Fenton gig because the original SF dropped dead just before a BBC audition.:wacko::wacko:

Tim Hall

[QUOTE 3342643, member: 259"]The story of 'Alvin Stardust' is really weird. I didn't know until recently that it wasn't him singing on My Coo Ca Choo, and Shane Fenton was only hired because the real singer didn't want to stay being Alvin Stardust. :wacko:[/QUOTE]
I thought it was more to do with Shane Fenton. AIUI, Shane Fenton #1 died, just after Shane Fenton and the Fentones cut a demo for the BBC. The BBC then expressed an interest in the band, so Shane Fenton#1's mum asked their roadie (Bernard Jewry) to become Shane Fenton#2. The band took off for a bit, faded, and he then took on the Alvin Stardust persona.

(extra wierdness - he had three childredn , two surnamed Fenton. One of these, Shaun, is now headmaster at my old school)

(xpost with accountantpete)

Top Bottom