RIP Benjamin Zephaniah

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
A great guy I've met a couple of times , he'll be sorely missed.

(New profile due to email hacking)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
20231207_181937.jpg
i

This is very sad news. I think this post from just days ago shows how well-loved and influential his work was:

Always reading in our house, we encourage reading….this morning a bit of Benji Zephaniah😎......she's not three and cannot read however that doesn't mean she doesn't like the pictures(we obviously read to her:reading:)
We're lucky to have a fantastic library directly opposite less than 40M from our front door.
View attachment 715424
(Hope it's ok to post that @Hicky )

Drago

Legendary Member
Didn't know of him, but reading about today he seemed like a feller determined to stare life in the face and grind away until he succeeded. No age either.

RIP feller.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Sad news indeed. He was great in Maid Marian & her Merry Men and i get the 'pancake day yes it's pancake day' earworm every single year. I saw him at a Womad festival in the 90s; very entertaining. He was often the voice of reason when a guest on Question Time & Any Questions and always entertaining when invited onto other radio shows.

[edited to remove an unfact] :blush:

Last edited:
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Sad news indeed. He was great in Maid Marian & her Merry Men and i get the 'pancake day yes it's pancake day' earworm every single year. I saw him at a Womad festival in the 90s; very entertaining. He was often the voice of reason when a guest on Question Time & Any Questions and always entertaining when invited onto other radio shows.

I'd completely forgotten about him being in that somehow, thank you!

Top Bottom