RIP Chris Anker Sørensen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Terrible loss, though I'm sure PeteXXX didn't mean to hit the 'laugh' response button.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Terrible loss...
Indeed - it is very sad.

... I'm sure PeteXXX didn't mean to hit the 'laugh' response button.
And @DCLane probably didn't think that the news was 'cool' either! (It is very easy to click the wrong icon replying to threads like this. I have done it a couple of times.)

PK99

Legendary Member
How can a driver be not to blame? You have a responsibility not to kill other road users.

This is off-topic for this thread, but I will answer that question directly...

A decade or so ago, a road cyclist died in Richmond Park. Three of us happened to be cycling the Tamsin trail and saw the ambulance, police cars etc etc. My cycling mates were the next day, on learning it was a fatality, apoplectic wrt the driver's guilt. As with your response here, it must have been the driver's fault, lock him up.

I took the trouble to track down the reports. It turned out that two club riders had been on a training ride (high-speed Bit and Bit) had touched wheels and one had collided head-on at full speed with a car coming in the opposite direction.

An accident.

Milzy

Guru
This is off-topic for this thread, but I will answer that question directly...

A decade or so ago, a road cyclist died in Richmond Park. Three of us happened to be cycling the Tamsin trail and saw the ambulance, police cars etc etc. My cycling mates were the next day, on learning it was a fatality, apoplectic wrt the driver's guilt. As with your response here, it must have been the driver's fault, lock him up.

I took the trouble to track down the reports. It turned out that two club riders had been on a training ride (high-speed Bit and Bit) had touched wheels and one had collided head-on at full speed with a car coming in the opposite direction.

An accident.
That’s horrific :sad:

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Listening to reports it appears that Chris was riding by himself on a cycle path and rode into the side of the van. This is supposition on my part. In Denmark if you are on a cycle path the cyclist usually has priority unless there is a give way sign on the cycle path when you get to junctions. This would be the norm for Chris. I do not know if this is the case in Belgium. If the vehicles have priority over cycles when crossing cycle paths . It is easy for me to see how this accident could have happened and how the driver may not be to blame.

Top Bottom