RIP Conti 4 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
2000 miles.......... but with Panniers - so all weight on back of bike. The rear has worn much more quickly now I've moved to panniers.......... got a year out of the last rear.

I use panniers too. Must be a different rubber entirely in the UGSkins compared to the GP4s. :huh: Maybe road surface plays a part too.

Tynan

Veteran
Very dead................ :tongue:

Dead Conti GP 4 Season

I had one nearly as bad as that at a time when I really didn't want to buy a new tyre, I cut some from an old tyre and taped it over the inside of the slit, it seemed to hold it fine for the three weeks until I replaced it, the side walls were so light that the extra layer seemed to support it fine

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I had one nearly as bad as that at a time when I really didn't want to buy a new tyre, I cut some from an old tyre and taped it over the inside of the slit, it seemed to hold it fine for the three weeks until I replaced it, the side walls were so light that the extra layer seemed to support it fine

One bloke on bikeradar's forum said he was stuck for a solution on a long ride so picked up a crisp packet that had been litter and used that. :ohmy: I dont know how long he had it in there but he said it worked fine.

Top Bottom