RIP David Bellamy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
The difference with David Attenborough is that people have huge respect for him, so of course he is still going to present programs now, even in his advancing years. I don't think David Bellamy had the same sort of respect even before his outspoken views. Being in his field of work, then his subsequent views on global warming/climate change, was never going to end well for his tv career.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I also think Sir David is the odd one out.
Most people fad away from TV after 65.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Very sad, iconic naturalist.. He dared to call out the experts on climate change and was shunned after that.

I think he was about right, but you cant tax a nation without hype and hysteria :whistle:

Which of his views? His original one?

In his foreword to the 1989 book The Greenhouse Effect,[20] Bellamy wrote:
The profligate demands of humankind are causing far reaching changes to the atmosphere of planet Earth, of this there is no doubt. Earth's temperature is showing an upward swing, the so-called greenhouse effect, now a subject of international concern. The greenhouse effect may melt the glaciers and ice caps of the world causing the sea to rise and flood many of our great cities and much of our best farmland.

He even accepted that his later figures that showed glaciers advancing were in totally discredited.

Cavalol

Guru
Very sad news, that. Always came across as a lovely, friendly and knowledgeable bloke and very very entertaining to watch. I don't think we'll see the like of him and Johnny Morris again.

Top Bottom