RIP Dusty Hill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
RIP.
Everyone remembers them from the Eliminator days and videos of the 80's but they'd been around a fair while by then.They also had beards before beards were cool.
To be fair, their other videos were sh1t.
(and their beards were never cool!)

Loved the early stuff (like Tres Hombres), but I would probably have never played those if Eliminator hadn't happened to the world.
(Eliminator may be much less cool, but they did it superbly, and many imitators have not come close since.)

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
To be fair, their other videos were sh1t.
(and their beards were never cool!)

Loved the early stuff (like Tres Hombres), but I would probably have never played those if Eliminator hadn't happened to the world.
(Eliminator may be much less cool, but they did it superbly, and many imitators have not come close since.)
I've always wanted a beard like that:okay:
I don't think Eliminator was less cool infact it was perfect for it's time with MTV etc.I'm sure the videos would be classed as un-pc today though:rolleyes:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I've always wanted a beard like that:okay:
I don't think Eliminator was less cool infact it was perfect for it's time with MTV etc.I'm sure the videos would be classed as un-pc today though:rolleyes:
The videos are interesting. A sign of the times. But there are far worse examples.
They championed the underdog in most of them with the nice boy and nice girl winning.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
RIP.
Everyone remembers them from the Eliminator days and videos of the 80's but they'd been around a fair while by then.They also had beards before beards were cool.
Beards have always been cool it was those who couldn't grow them that were jealous. ^_^ Sad news though, iconic good time band.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Already announced that they're carrying on without him but with his blessing.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/zz-top-not-breaking-up/

Formed in 1969 and have never changed a member of the band in all that time. Which I think are the only band that have for that long
I saw an article which described Hill as 'ZZ Top's longest serving bass player', which given that they briefly* had two other bass players back in 1969, and that their tech has played one show and is now announced as a permanent replacement, is technically true.

*According to Wikipedia

Top Bottom