RIP Jason King

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

:sad:

Drago

Legendary Member
90, not a bad old crack. Shabbily treated over his personal life, but 40 or more years ago those attitudes still lingered.

While he may be remembered as Jason King, his best role was as General Klytus in Flash Gordon.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
He was probably about my age when this photo was taken.

I wish I had the cojones and the skinniness to dress like this.

DTzwDrVW4AAlCCc?format=jpg.jpg

RIP Cyril.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A colourful character in life as well on screen. Fondley remembered for his acting roles.

plantfit

Guru
A true icon of the late 60's early 70's RIP Peter

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Sad - he was an awful actor in some pretty awful TV series but he made an awfully good job of it.

View attachment 392157
I disagree somewhat; he was a decent actor, but the scripts and plots of ITC serials were as flimsy as the sets (though they all had boss theme tunes, funnily enough).

There's a couple of TV plays made by ABC in the 60's with him in, available on YouTube; I'd urge you to look them up (even if only to see him short-haired and clean shaven).

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I disagree somewhat; he was a decent actor, but the scripts and plots of ITC serials were as flimsy as the sets (though they all had boss theme tunes, funnily enough).

There's a couple of TV plays made by ABC in the 60's with him in, available on YouTube; I'd urge you to look them up (even if only to see him short-haired and clean shaven).

I don't think he was a bad actor either. His famous role was a ludicrously camp dandy, so he played it to ludicrously camp perfection. I dare say if he'd been booked to play Lear, he'd have played it differently !

Top Bottom