RIP Jet Black

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
He was a fantastic drummer. Very sad news.

[media]

]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNrA-hfmpA[/media]

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
84 was older than I expected - was he the bass player's dad, or something? Good band.

Er, no. Jean-Jacques Burnel was not Jet Black's son. The only connection I can think of was that J-J's father was a chef and that Mr Black owned a string of ice-cream vans in Guildford.

Will be bunging on some Stranglers once the footy is finished ... The Raven on vinyl.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Listened to Rattus Norvegicus today.Forgot how much I liked this album.
I was just thinking about THIS INCIDENT from a couple of years ago...

RIP....Loved the Stranglers.Cant believe he was 84 ! I'm getting old.

84 was older than I expected - was he the bass player's dad, or something? Good band.
I was a bit shocked at his age too, but then I thought about watching The Stranglers play in Coventry in 1977. JB looked like he was about 20 years older than me and I am 66 now!

My lasting memory of the gig was hordes of pogoing punks gobbing up onto the stage. JJB got rather peed off with it and snarled into a mic that the next person that did that would regret it. One punk didn't take the hint and gobbed straight into JJB's face. He got a bass guitar in his face for his trouble! The unconscious punk was dragged away and probably slung out into the street. Different times back then - nowadays the police would probably appear and arrest JJB for assault with a deadly weapon! :laugh:

Top Bottom