RIP Jim Steinman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Why?
Bat Out Of Hell is a fabulous album.
It wears a bit thin after about four hundred listens... and Heaven Can Wait and Two Out of Three are bog awful songs.
If you think that 400 times is bad, try 600...
I did a factory night shift for a year and one of my co-workers insisted on playing the entire Bat Out Of Hell album 3 times a night on his huge portable stereo. Meatloaf may tell you that '2 out of 3 aint bad', but played loud in the middle of the night over 600 times I can assure you that it bloody well IS! :laugh:
:wacko:

Chislenko

Veteran
If you think that 400 times is bad, try 600...

:wacko:

I had pretty much the same when I used to do permanent nights at Cowley but the album of choice to be played repeatedly was Bob Marley and the Wailers "Live At The Lyceum"

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Story at the time was that he got MeatLoaf to sing the Bat Out Of Hell album as he got beat up by female Hells Angels for his habit of wearing white gloves, true or urban myth?
Bad for good still on the regular playlist..
but the American Guitar thing rips my knitting
RIP Jim...

Good evening.

He was also responsible for another brilliant album, Pandora's Box/Original Sin

It was typical Steinman, this time using a collection of female singers who should have made it big but never did, including Ellen Foley (for a long time Another Breath was one of my all time favourite albums, Night Out challenges for the best album but terribly recorded along with both of Lisa Dominique's).

Good Girls Go To Heaven makes driving on the motorway at the speed limit tricky and if anyone thinks that they understand what the mirrors is all about then they have had too much of their favourite behaviour modifier.

I have really fond memories of being on the motorway at 5 in the morning, the car Lo-Fi blaring, coffee inspired alertness and thinking this is fun.... and feeling old in 1990s

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom