RIP Kelly Catlin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I have no idea who she was, but 23 years by suicide is tragic, I feel for her family, they must be devastated

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yes, it seems suicide has been confirmed. Just because someone seems successful or 'has it all', this doesn't say anything about what's going on inside their heads.

PK99

Legendary Member
From a report elsewhere, her triplet sister was quoted as saying (my paraphrase from memory) "...she had not been herself since a concussion a few months ago..." report also said she had attempted suicide in January.

Emphasises the need to take concussions and bumps on the head very seriously.

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I read this elsewhere just a few moments ago. Such a terrible shame. RIP.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
From a report elsewhere, her triplet sister was quoted as saying (my paraphrase from memory) "...she had not been herself since a concussion a few months ago..." report also said she had attempted suicide in January.

Emphasises the need to take concussions and bumps on the head very seriously.

This is so true. I've seen several students involved in sports here who've suffered concussions later being diagnosed with mental health problems. Often because their concussions were not recognised as serious and not treated properly and/or because they or their coaches tried to push them back into training too early.

Top Bottom