RIP Little Richard.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
And when he wasn't getting up them he liked to watch while other men were getting up them. To be fair, he was simp,y dogging 50 years before it was a thing.
Heck! Maybe they'll have trouble getting the lid on his coffin then!:whistle:

His 3rd wife was his 13 year old cousin, and he married her before he got divorced from his 2nd wife!
in the interests of gender equality I'll also mention that film star Gloria Grahame married her husband's son (tho by another woman) - found in bed with him when he was pretty young i gather.

Dave7

Legendary Member
An absolute legend and one of the very first proponents of rock n roll. He inspired the likes of The Beatles, Rolling Stones and many more.
I remember buying one of his EPs as one of my first records when I was about thirteen.
Now he's up there with Chick Berry and all the rest.
So sad to hear that news. When I was 15 I was really into him, Jerry Le Lewis and some of the real blues artists like Muddy Waters & Smoke Stack. No idea how I got into him as my family was very religious and had no time for that type of music. I had my Dansette portable and would play Little Richard over and over.......... Yes, he had flaws but what a singer, what an entertainer.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Smokey R playing Hyde Park 2019 is on the BBC Iplayer

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Smokie Robinson is still alive.
Maybe not quite as flamboyant but still a legend.
Yeah,but i'm on about rock and roll,not soul.:okay:

Edit...Though some,including me:whistle: still think that 'the king of rock and roll' Elvis Presley is alive,living on an island with Lord Lucan,Princess Diana and Adolph Hitler!:wacko:

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You're mixing him up with Jerry Lee Lewis.
I was referring to JLL! :okay:

There's only Jerry Lee Lewis left from that type of music and era i'd say.
A rather, er, interesting personal life though.
Why,what did he get up to? Nothing smutty i hope!:unsure:
His 3rd wife was his 13 year old cousin, and he married her before he got divorced from his 2nd wife!

Top Bottom