RIP Michael Robinson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I have not forgiven him for missing that sitter in the 1983 FA cup final for Brighton and Hove Albion against Manchester United. He played a season for Liverpool, which again tells against him, before moving on to Osasuna via QPR. iirc he became popular in Spain after tearing up his contract after an injury finished his playing career.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I have not forgiven him for missing that sitter in the 1983 FA cup final for Brighton and Hove Albion against Manchester United. He played a season for Liverpool, which again tells against him, before moving on to Osasuna via QPR. iirc he became popular in Spain after tearing up his contract after an injury finished his playing career.
09.33 this morning in The Football thread - you must have missed that - and how could a season where he won a treble (League title, League Cup and European Cup) possibly 'tells against him'?

D

Deleted member 26715

Somebody who I have never heard of has died, please don't squabble it's so undignified.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Somebody who I have never heard of has died, please don't squabble it's so undignified.
But when someone starts a supposed thread (that he'd missed the boat on by several hours) under the guise of mourning the death of a much-loved former player and sports commentator only vent his spleen about something, now THAT'S undignified, wouldn't you say?

D

Deleted member 26715

If you're continuing to argue then you've missed the point.

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you're continuing to argue then you've missed the point.
Unless I am also missing the point** I have to agree with @PaulB that using the death of someone to have a pop at Liverpool seems a little odd to say the least.
**but then again I often miss the point.

Top Bottom