RIP Queen Elizabeth

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Not a monarchist here but the lady has worked really hard over the past 70 years - every credit to her.

A sad time but all life comes to an end (assuming this is where it is heading) and she has had one heck of a long and wonderful life - seen and done more in her life than any 'normal' person could hope for.

🙁

Bet she's also had to endure some horrendous evening as well, imagine having to sit next to some of the worlds political leaders for a whole evening, or some of the shows she's been forced to watch.

I'm not really a Royalist, but I am a huge fan of hers, if I can be one without the other.

vickster

Legendary Member
Bet she's also had to endure some horrendous evening as well, imagine having to sit next to some of the worlds political leaders for a whole evening,

Boris for one :wacko:

Milzy

Guru
Weird or planned..? You decide

When the death of Prince Philip was announced, many were surprised at the coincidences number wise.
99 years old
99th day of the year
9th of April

Was it just a coincidence that he died on this day?
Or, is it possible that he had died earlier and his death was simply announced at chosen time?

Queens Death announced tomorrow
9am?
9pm ?
9th day..?
9th month..?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It’ll undoubtedly be sad if this is her final days, I do feel sorry for her huge family.
I’ve always been anti-monarchy but not anti-Elizabeth as a human being and caring mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.

Hope it’s peaceful for her and she goes with a good malt in her hand.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hope it’s peaceful for her and she goes with a good malt in her hand.

Having witnessed my father's final days earlier this year and being with him just hours before his death, I doubt very much that booze will be on the Queen's mind if she is at the doorway to death.
The best she can hope for is some comfort and dignity. Dying of old age isn't often the peaceful experience it is usually portrayed to be as your body finally breaks down and ceases to function.

presta

Guru
I'm not the type who hangs on everything the royals say & do, but I do think she's been a pretty good ambassador for the country.
Radio 4 struggling to fill airtime. Just announced that some cars have been seen arriving at balmoral.
Something as exciting as that must be good for at least an hour's worth of material by the time we've had an in-depth analysis of who polished the car this morning and what he had for breakfast.

When the death of Prince Philip was announced, many were surprised at the coincidences number wise.
99 years old
99th day of the year
9th of April

Or, is it possible that he had died earlier and his death was simply announced at chosen time?

Queens Death announced tomorrow
9am?
9pm ?
9th day..?
9th month..?

Has your tin hat fallen off ?
WHY would they bother with the 99 rubbish ? Was he having a 99 er at the same time ? Jesus.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

99 years old
99th day of the year
9th of April

I think you're spending too much time alone, Milzy.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Like many people I have gone through similar experiences to the immediate family so I can vaguely identify with what's happening.

But lets face it, the question that many of us want answered is: Will we get a day off? If not for the funeral will there be an extra bank holiday for the coronation?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Weird or planned..? You decide When the death of Prince Philip was announced, many were surprised at the coincidences number wise. 99 years old 99th day of the year 9th of April Was it just a coincidence that he died on this day? Or, is it possible that he had died earlier and his death was simply announced at chosen time? Queens Death announced tomorrow 9am? 9pm ? 9th day..? 9th month..?

CycleChat is so much richer for having a resident ambassador from QAnon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom