RIP Raymond Briggs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh:sad:

I had a VHS recording of The Snowman my parents made me, had a special case with the Snowman on the outside of it, and I remember that version of the cartoon had a short voiceover introduction by Raymond Briggs.

I must mention his When The Wind Blows, very powerful story about a Nuclear attack on the UK. Its been adapted for stage, film and radio.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Such a talented man. His drawing style was very evocative. The flying scene in the Snowman is magical. I watch it every year much to the annoyance of my children.
Ethel and Ernst was a recent film about his parents. It was such a beautiful, gentle work.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
That’s sad. I love The Snowman. When the Wind Blows was quite shocking tome, when I first saw it. Rather beautifully done and such a powerful story.

Rest well Raymond, wherever you may be.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
sadsnowman.jpg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Oh:sad:

I had a VHS recording of The Snowman my parents made me, had a special case with the Snowman on the outside of it, and I remember that version of the cartoon had a short voiceover introduction by Raymond Briggs.

I must mention his When The Wind Blows, very powerful story about a Nuclear attack on the UK. Its been adapted for stage, film and radio.

He also did a very poignant one about his parents " Ethel and Ernie " iirc

AndyRM

XOXO
Absolutely gutted to get home to this news. A genuine inspiration. F*ck.

Top Bottom