RIP Sinead O'Connor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... how many people failed to help her, yet are now publicly praising he

let me guess ... was it a bit over 4billion? In fact, about the same number who "failed to help" everyone who's had a shítty time in life?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
let me guess ... was it a bit over 4billion? In fact, about the same number who "failed to help" everyone who's had a shítty time in life?

I don’t want to speak for Morrisey, because he’s a bit of a nobber. As usual for Morrisey it’s actually all about him and how he has been treated by the media for his controversial views.
But his rant wasn’t against the billions who didn’t help. It most certainly isn’t a general complaint about everyone, and to turn it into that would be silly.
It was against the people who could and should have helped, who are not publicly praising her after she’s dead.
It’s a very focused attack on a certain section of the media, government, recording industry and church.

It’s a very focused attack on a certain section of the media, government, recording industry and church.

"very focused"? That still sounds like a lot of people to bear responsibility for her care during life.
(I know she had a terrible childhood in a church regime ... but how many people were responsible for that??)

There MIGHT be something to this complaint ... but without specifics it sounds a bit virtue-signalling to me.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don’t want to speak for Morrisey, because he’s a bit of a nobber. As usual for Morrisey it’s actually all about him and how he has been treated by the media for his controversial views.
But his rant wasn’t against the billions who didn’t help. It most certainly isn’t a general complaint about everyone, and to turn it into that would be silly.
It was against the people who could and should have helped, who are not publicly praising her after she’s dead.
Usual celebrity virtue signalling.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Usual celebrity virtue signalling.
Which is what I suspect Morrisey is accusing others of with their gushing praise for someone they have previously criticised.
It’s odd how each side will accuse the other of virtue signalling, just because they don’t hold identical views.

Which is what I suspect Morrisey is accusing others of with their gushing praise for someone they have previously criticised.
It’s odd how each side will accuse the other of virtue signalling, just because they don’t hold identical views.

Do we HAVE any specifics?? Because if Mozzer doesn't have any, HE's the virtue-signaller.

If someone pays tribute to the dead, my default assumption is that they're being nice, not crying crocodile tears. Some other celeb throwing around baseless accusation doesn't win them any points.
[After all, it IS actually possible that someone might regret speaking ill of X while they were alive. That doesn't invalidate their tribute.]

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Do we HAVE any specifics?? Because if Mozzer doesn't have any, HE's the virtue-signaller.

If someone pays tribute to the dead, my default assumption is that they're being nice, not crying crocodile tears. Some other celeb throwing around baseless accusation doesn't win them any points.
[After all, it IS actually possible that someone might regret speaking ill of X while they were alive. That doesn't invalidate their tribute.]

If he was in regular contact with her, supporting her, concerned for her mental health and general well being, then * maybe * he has a point.

I'll wager he wasn't.

Wait till he finds out she converted to Islam.

Top Bottom