RIP Terry Jones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They showed a very upsetting clip on the news last night of him receiving an award. He was already so demented by then that he couldn't speak and was struggling to cope with being there. His son was speaking on his behalf.

I think the truly sad thing is that he developed dementia, rather than the fact that he has finally been released from its evil clutches. But yes - R.I.P.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The Guardian has published five memorable moments from Terry Jones including him accepting the award referred to by @ColinJ above:

View: https://youtu.be/hjkBzf6leGo

tony111

Veteran

O

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
One thing I liked about him was his boast that Ireland had banned four films and he had directed three of them.
One thing I was slightly disappointed by him was that he divorced his wife of many years for a young Polish woman. I wonder if the dementia had already set in. I liked the story in which he met his first wife. He was performing at a Cambridge Footlights show (I think). His future wife was in the audience and either was sick or passed out.
Terry Jones was also in the Young Ones. He was the vicar presiding at the funeral in the Video Nasty episode.
I don't think Terry Jones was the most talented of the Pythons, but I am sure directing films is pretty hard, and he directed some good ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom