RIP The Upsetter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Never heard of him.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
A great dub musician has passed. I really enjoy the genre. Like reggae but even more laid back, great beats. What an era. Thanks for the share, @Chromatic. RIP Scratch. His music still does live on and will forever.

from Wikipedia: Perry was a pioneer in the 1970s development of dub music with his early adoption of remixing and studio effects to create new instrumental or vocal versions of existing reggae tracks.[4] He worked with and produced for a wide variety of artists, including Bob Marley and the Wailers, Junior Murvin, The Congos, Max Romeo, Adrian Sherwood, Beastie Boys, Ari Up, The Clash, The Orb, and many others.

Worth checking out if you have not heard his music, mixes, and creations. From back in the days of King Tubby, Augustus Pablo, more. Lots of percussion. Not everyone's cuppa tea, but a legend anyway.

Here's Soul Fire…

View: https://youtu.be/e2V_Aaq1QJM

PaulB

Legendary Member
That is incredibly sad because I always go and see him wherever I can. That moves Stevie Wonder up a notch in Greatest Living Musician that's for sure.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Never heard of him.
What an incredibly silly thing to actually go to the trouble to post. Have you any idea (🙏) how stupid this makes you look?

**Mod Edit

Last edited by a moderator:

Milzy

Guru
What an incredibly wanky thing to actually go to the trouble to post. Have you any idea (🙏) how stupid this makes you look?
I have no idea no. A guy on Facebook is constantly doing RIP posts almost seems daily. Sometimes they’re well known celebs & complete legends. I was sad to hear about Sean Lock as I’ve always been a fan from the early days. Sometimes he posts up some more obscure RIP’s I’ve never heard of. My self & others will simply comment “never heard of him/her”.

Last edited:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I have no idea no. A guy on Facebook is constantly doing RIP posts almost seems daily. Sometimes they’re well known celebs & complete legends. I was sad to here about Sean Lock as I’ve always been a fan from the early days. Sometimes he posts up some more obscure RIP’s I’ve never heard of. Myself & others will simply comment Never heard of him/her.
It's obvious you've no idea, that's for sure.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Wow, that's an incredible thing to say, @paulb, someone looks stupid if they say they never heard of a musician that you happen to really like? Come on now, chill out. Think of how many different musicians there have been overtime and how many different genres. That was probably a completely innocent “never heard of him” that @milzy said and you had to react like that? I always wonder if people would say something like this straight to someone’s face if they were talking to them personally.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Wow, that's an incredible thing to say, @paulb, someone looks stupid if they say they never heard of a musician that you happen to really like? Come on now, chill out. Think of how many different musicians there have been overtime and how many different genres. That was probably a completely innocent “never heard of him” that @milzy said and you had to react like that? I always wonder if people would say something like this straight to someone’s face if they were talking to them personally.
Well you don't go to the trouble of actually posting it then. And yes, I would totally say this to Milzy's face, because it wants saying.

Top Bottom