1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Tour of Qatar

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Bollo, 28 Dec 2016.

1. Bollo

Bollo Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam

2. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I doubt it'll be mourned by the riders, either.

Looked boring as fack on the box: long straight roads with a constant yellow, sandy background.

3. cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

It was boring to watch indeed although the spring classic focused teams might miss the training .

4. Bollo

Bollo Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam

That was the gist of the inrng article. The teams used it to tune the sprint trains and the riders got to enjoy some decent accommodation. Otherwise it was all about the politics no very little about the cycling.

5. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Great. Terrible 'race'.

6. CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Ah, the concept of holding a bike race on long, straight roads in the baking desert, what a spiffing idea. Like holding a beach volleyball tournament in Siberia, or an alpine downhill ski racing calendar event in Death Valley. Except there's absolutely no political money being pumped into those two, so I guess they'll go unrealised.

7. Marmion

Marmion Guru

Holding the World Championships in Qatar this year must have done a power of good :giggle:

I wonder when we'll hear from The Invisible Man, I mean Cookson...