RIP Zippy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
bopnus point for anybody who can tell me the dogs name from Jamie- No Googling though .

Wordsworth!

All along with the likes of Dogtanian and the Muskahounds, Willy Fog and 80 Days Around The World, Henry's Cat, Jimbo And The Jetset, Bertha, The Family Ness, Ullysees, The Transformers, Mask, Thundercats, The Racoons, Wacky Races, Count Duckulla and ...well, there were loads of them!

subaqua

What’s the point
Wordsworth!

All along with the likes of Dogtanian and the Muskahounds, Willy Fog and 80 Days Around The World, Henry's Cat, Jimbo And The Jetset, Bertha, The Family Ness, Ullysees, The Transformers, Mask, Thundercats, The Racoons, Wacky Races, Count Duckulla and ...well, there were loads of them!

i wonder if matt groening got the inspiration for groundskeeper wulllie in the simpsons from the Family Ness :biggrin:

ulysses wow! that and the lost cities of gold were brilliant, and I also have a DVD os series one of Count Duckula. the legendary cosgrove-hall and David Jason partnership.

Dangermouse too :biggrin:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I used to really impress all my mates at school by telling them I had a Rainbow album. It was only when they visited the house that they would discover it was Rod, Freddie et al rather than Ritchie Blackmore!!! :rolleyes:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I can do decent impressions of George and Zippy. And Yogi Bear.
smile.gif

I can remember sprinting out of school at 12 midday to make it home for 12:10 when Rainbow started. If I really pushed it I could catch the end of Jamie and his Magic Torch or Cholrton and the Wheelies too. Good times!!

just jim

I preferred the strident sounding Zippy - zipped.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
i wonder if matt groening got the inspiration for groundskeeper wulllie in the simpsons from the Family Ness :biggrin:

Please do not utter that second rate crap in the presence of greatness! :whistle:

ulysses wow! that and the lost cities of gold were brilliant, and I also have a DVD os series one of Count Duckula. the legendary cosgrove-hall and David Jason partnership.

Actually, I made a mistake, it was Ulysees 31. Also, wasn't it The Mysterious Cities Of Gold?? Anyway, Count Duckula was a bit of love hate one for me, not half becuase it was on ITV, and I usually only watched BBC (having adverts between each show was just downright uncouth to me!). :laugh:

Dangermouse too :biggrin:

When I was VERY small that just scared me - it was the music and the fact that when the car flew, the wheels disappeared, and I was going through an obsession with wheels at the time!! :blush:

Anything without wheels was just wrong on so many different levels, and as an extension to that, I didn't like people who only wore socks - you HAD to have shoes on, or, you went bare foot!
I used to call people who went about in their socks, 'Sockers'.

I was a strange kid though. :biggrin:

subaqua

What’s the point
Please do not utter that second rate crap in the presence of greatness! :whistle:

Actually, I made a mistake, it was Ulysees 31. Also, wasn't it The Mysterious Cities Of Gold?? Anyway, Count Duckula was a bit of love hate one for me, not half becuase it was on ITV, and I usually only watched BBC (having adverts between each show was just downright uncouth to me!). :laugh:

When I was VERY small that just scared me - it was the music and the fact that when the car flew, the wheels disappeared, and I was going through an obsession with wheels at the time!! :blush:

Anything without wheels was just wrong on so many different levels, and as an extension to that, I didn't like people who only wore socks - you HAD to have shoes on, or, you went bare foot!
I used to call people who went about in their socks, 'Sockers'.

I was a strange kid though. :biggrin:

didn't want to correct you on ulysses31 :whistle: and yes it is mysterious cities of gold after a google .

now Cheetara from Thundercats was a bit of alright with the big mound ;) and princess from battle of the planets with her flashing her white knickers in the opening titles :shudders: all the memories of a 13 yr old boy flooding back now.

Top Bottom