Rise of cycle cams debated on This Morning......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sue perb

Safe Roads For All.
http://road.cc/content/news/155375-rise-cycle-cams-debated-morning

The Justice League Of Video Cyclists.png

Drago

Legendary Member
You guys really do have thick skins.

I remember when Manchester Police used manned video cams to record and then censure dangerous driving..... the same criticisms were levelled at them

It is simply very naughty to record illegal and dangerous driving and then act upon the recording

It infringes the motorists inalienable right to drive like a muppet and endanger other road users with impunity

subaqua

What’s the point
I remember when Manchester Police used manned video cams to record and then censure dangerous driving..... the same criticisms were levelled at them

It is simply very naughty to record illegal and dangerous driving and then act upon the recording

It infringes the motorists inalienable right to drive like a muppet and endanger other road users with impunity

Don't be so soft. I don't think anybody here even those not running a camera think that. The tool I see at marylebone regularly , all dress up to look like A copper with the massive cam on the helmet. Makes me laugh. It also the self righteousness of a few.

I run a cam , and funny I don't seem to get as many incidents as some do . Same for lots of others .

Helmet mounted cams , the Police using council cams or a citizen walking his dog and using his phone to capture an incident is not going away. People who get caught by this cams only have themselves to blame.

subaqua

What’s the point
difference is police and councils are a legal authority and have real powers . the justice league of nobbers only have the powers they imagine, and seem to think they are the police.

plastic Walts almost

difference is police and councils are a legal authority and have real powers . the justice league of nobbers only have the powers they imagine, and seem to think they are the police.

plastic Walts almost

There is nothing illegal in recording an incident and reporting to the authorities. This has nothing to do with crazies who live and breathe cam and not about cycling.

Drago

Legendary Member
No one is suggesting they're doing anything illegal. They're suggesting they're behaving like chumps themselves while going about it.

Furthermore, their own roadcraft is pretty pith poor at best so they're in no moral position to judge anyone.

If the League of Self Righteous Wannabes really want to make our roads a safer place then the best thing they could do towards that goal is to cease using them.

No one is suggesting they're doing anything illegal. They're suggesting they're behaving like chumps themselves while going about it.

Furthermore, their own roadcraft is pretty pith poor at best so they're in no moral position to judge anyone.

If the League of Self Righteous Wannabes really want to make our roads a safer place then the best thing they could do towards that goal is to cease using them.

No arguments where the crazies are concerned.

difference is police and councils are a legal authority and have real powers .t

... and if the footage is provided to the Police, then that is exactly what happens, the evidence is judged and acted upon by a legal authority

Yet even when the Police record the evidence, then the Alliance of Bad Drivers (ABD) and their ilk, still squeal like stuck pigs about how unfair it is.

Drago

Legendary Member
I might start following round the League of Sad Nobodies with a camera and start getting in their faces and shouting at them the moment they commit some perceived infraction.

Generally speaking in supporting of those who do their genuine best to further the cause of the conscientious cyclist. In the case of the League of far rather they weren't on our side at all.

Hello.Cars/Lorries and buses already have cameras.
Hello. Lorries, cars and buses don't start confrontations then go squealing to the police when they come off worse.

Don't be so soft. I don't think anybody here even those not running a camera think that. The tool I see at marylebone regularly , all dress up to look like A copper with the massive cam on the helmet. Makes me laugh. It also the self righteousness of a few.

I run a cam , and funny I don't seem to get as many incidents as some do . Same for lots of others .

Read the post.... It is a fact that the AA and ABD both complained about Manchester Police using Video cameras to record bad driving

The association of Bad Drivers:

Nigel Humphries, from the Association of British Drivers, said: "This is a total infringement. They might as well put something in cars to test what drivers are thinking – to see if they are concentrating on the road or thinking about something else.

Mind you these are the nutters who bleated about having real coppers enforcing road safety, yet then complain that any liveried Police vehicles enforcing the law are a threat to public safety for the same reason that having Police Vehicles on the road at all because the Police enforcing road safety forces their members to look for Police vehicles as opposed to keeping an eye on the road, causing thousands of accidents per year

Top Bottom