Rival 22 to rival 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil120867

Über Member
Can anyone help. I have a Planet X cyclocross bike with rival 22. The left gear lever has bust twice now,( hydraulic brake still great). And my old rear mech bent beyond repair. i’ve Ordered a long cage rival 1 rear mech with clutch, I hope the remaining rival 2 lever will,operate it? I’ve gone 46t oval on the front and want to use a 11-42 cassette to give me a decent range of gears for a 1 x 11. Will the rival 22 right hand lever have enough pull to get up to a 42T rear with the long cage mech?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If lever and rear mechanism are 11 speed compatible no reason why not. Its the longer cage that allows you to use the 42t gear.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Can anyone help. I have a Planet X cyclocross bike with rival 22. The left gear lever has bust twice now,( hydraulic brake still great). And my old rear mech bent beyond repair. i’ve Ordered a long cage rival 1 rear mech with clutch, I hope the remaining rival 2 lever will,operate it? I’ve gone 46t oval on the front and want to use a 11-42 cassette to give me a decent range of gears for a 1 x 11. Will the rival 22 right hand lever have enough pull to get up to a 42T rear with the long cage mech?
Yes

Top Bottom