Rivers, Lochs and Glens 200km Audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

Already entered, entry in also for the Moulin Moors 150k which is a week before. After my dismal showing at the Snow Rds which has taken me a long time mentally to recover from, i decided to get my arse moving and enter something purely for motivational reasons, so maybe see you there.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Already entered, entry in also for the Moulin Moors 150k which is a week before. After my dismal showing at the Snow Rds which has taken me a long time mentally to recover from, i decided to get my arse moving and enter something purely for motivational reasons, so maybe see you there.

Good stuff, I'm on-call the weekend of Moulin Moors so can't make it but I'll get signed up for this one this evening!

ACS

Legendary Member
Humming and harring over this one, I'm out for the Moulin 150km but don't fancy the 2 hour drive each way. Will make for a long day.

Will chat to the SWMBO tonight and see what we have planned.

fimm

Veteran
How does the ferry crossing bit work? It is a regular service or do you have to make the port at a certain time to get the designated crossing?

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Ok, any chance of a lift :blush:
How did I know you were going to say that? I had originally thought about going down to Largs the day before and staying with my Dad, but seeing as it's you and I owe you a lift, then I'm sure we can sort something out! :tongue:

ammwhite

I was tempted to do this, since I live in Greenock, so it's right on my doorstep. However, I'm also a big golf fan and it clashes with the Sunday of the Open, so I'll have to give it a miss.

How does the ferry crossing bit work? It is a regular service or do you have to make the port at a certain time to get the designated crossing?

It's a regular crossing. One every 20 mins for most of the day, and every half hour after 7pm.
Details here: http://www.western-ferries.co.uk/hqtimes.shtml

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I was tempted to do this, since I live in Greenock, so it's right on my doorstep. However, I'm also a big golf fan and it clashes with the Sunday of the Open, so I'll have to give it a miss.

It's a regular crossing. One every 20 mins for most of the day, and every half hour after 7pm.
Details here: http://www.western-f...k/hqtimes.shtml

FTFY ... and the problem is .... ?????

Supporting local cycling events; organised by local club; good opportunity to show off local routes; probably know some of the people riding it ....

<loads on more guiltencouragement>
biggrin.gif

zizou

Veteran
Have been thinking about this but have never riden an audax before.

What sort of pace is to be expected? How many cyclists are there? What are controls? Is there somewhere where you can refill bottles or do you just go into a shop for that.

Also does this route go clockwise or anti-clockwise? If it is clockwise it looks a bit easier as much of the climbing will be fairly early on.

Lots of questions :biggrin:

JiMBR

Must admit that I'm interested in this, as I've never done an audax before.

I would like to ask all the questions that zizou asked!

:biggrin:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Audax is just plain fun ! You ride at your pace,meet great new friends to ride with and you get to eat cake ! I've done two so far so i am not an expert but i can definatly say they are the most friendly kind of cycling you can try.You have a card which you are required to collect stamps or stickers at set controls along the route along with questions such as "What is the distance to so and so on the sign on the corner at 50km"
I did last weekends 212km in the Cotswolds on my fixed which i admit was tough at times but the sense of achievment was well worth it plus you get to ride roads you would proberly miss in new areas of the country.
At the HQ you will sign in and and get your card,there is normally food (cake) and drinks available.Along the route (depending on length) there are places to stop for refreshments,these normally are cafe's which is good to have a sit down and eat.At the end you get signed in and again there is normally food....are you seeing a pattern regarding cycling and eating !
I find it is more enjoyable to ride with some company,i ended up joining a few riders along the way on the last one with the final last push with Ed from Coventry who along with me was greatfull of a riding partner to push each other on.
Do it,you will really enjoy it !

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Have been thinking about this but have never riden an audax before.

What sort of pace is to be expected? How many cyclists are there? What are controls? Is there somewhere where you can refill bottles or do you just go into a shop for that.

Also does this route go clockwise or anti-clockwise? If it is clockwise it looks a bit easier as much of the climbing will be fairly early on.

Lots of questions :biggrin:

Must admit that I'm interested in this, as I've never done an audax before.

I would like to ask all the questions that zizou asked!

:biggrin:

Your questions answered

Top Bottom