Road Bike £500-£600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Z

zoemax

Thanks for all the advice. I was in the beginning leaning towards the BeOne (I actually like the look of it) but I think now the Trek is the one I'll go for. The higher quality frame might be a better longer term investment.

Cope

Steve Austin said:
If buying a complete bike, you should always buy the one with the best frame, as thats the bit you are less likely to upgrade soon.

Interesting point.

On this, then, what do you think of this:

http://www.surosa.co.uk/4352/product/Surosa_Audax_Comp_Sora.aspx

This is currently top of my shortlist, but I wonder what the frame is like.

My instinct would be to go with the better components, as at this price point there's not going to be too much to choose between the frames.

Matt B

i might be a little bias cause i've got both a trek mountain and road bike, (road bike is this year's 1.7) but I've also seen one in the flesh at my local club and they look very nice! not only that but one day you are probably going to want to replace the whole lot, as at this price it really is just a good entry level. (no offence!) Bontrager make nice tough components too. Also whats the chance of you just spending an extra £125? if you go for the 1.5 better frame, and better wheels, green colour might not be you though.

JonGW

I got a Defy 3 recently and I love it!

Not the most amazing group set but it all works so i'm happy.

wyno70

I will shortly have a Giant TCR C3 for sale, 2 years old (2006 model bought Jan 2007) about 2000 miles on the clock, in good condition.

I'm 5ft 9, and it's the medium frame.

Waiting to take delivery of my new bike and when it arrives this one will be up for sale.

Identical bike just sold on ebay for £750, I'd take a similar offer if you are interested!!

punkypossum

Donut Devil
I would say trek too, but like Matt, I'm heavily biased...I find as a tall female the geometry of trek bikes just seems to suit me (have a men's mtb and just bought a 1.7 road bike).

Top Bottom