road bike??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jnrmczip

So I've been looking at some giant aero road bikes first off I would like to know if anyone has one and what they think of them. I like the
Giant Propel Advanced Pro 0 2015
And also
Giant Propel Advanced 0 2015

Now I know the pro is nearly 4 grand and I have no intention of paying that I will wait until 20q6 and grab it at half the price if that's what I opt for.

Not many online reviews so would like reviews from anyone who has one or has been looking into them.

Thanks

MikeW-71

Veteran
I really like the look of the Propel. However, you'll only get the aero benefit if you can hold high speeds, it'll be rather stiffer and not as comfortable as a TCR or Defy, usually heavier and not so good for going up hills.

If you've got plenty of flattish ground available, then go for it. If you've got plenty of hills to climb, it's not the best tool for the job IMO.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive been looking at them and I'm told you need a size smaller on the propel than on other road bikes although some people disagree with that .
I'll stick with the TCR myself .

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd be surprised if a niche product with a fairly small production run ends up half price in the size you need, though they are fugly so you never know!

zizou

Veteran
7.4kg for my propel - only thing holding it back on hills is me sadly.

It looks different because of the tube shapes and angles but it is the same geometry as the TCR

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

I really like the look of the Propel. However, you'll only get the aero benefit if you can hold high speeds, it'll be rather stiffer and not as comfortable as a TCR or Defy, usually heavier and not so good for going up hills.

If you've got plenty of flattish ground available, then go for it. If you've got plenty of hills to climb, it's not the best tool for the job IMO.

I also like the look of the defy and tcr so they may also be put on the list and whatever one I can get the best deal on for the money I will most likely go for. But really like the look of the aero frame. To be honest there is a lot of flat ground but when I venture out and use the new purchase hills may be a lot more common so definitely a good point to consider. Plan to use this bike for challenges sportives, weekend long rides and keep my current bike as a commuter only

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

I also like the look of the defy and tcr so they may also be put on the list and whatever one I can get the best deal on for the money I will most likely go for. But really like the look of the aero frame. To be honest there is a lot of flat ground but when I venture out and use the new purchase hills may be a lot more common so definitely a good point to consider. Plan to use this bike for challenges sportives, weekend long rides and keep my current bike as a commuter only

I've seen models from last year that are high spec and not produced for the masses drop to 50% of the original price. Sizing may be a problem but if I'm lucky shouldn't be to much hassle

MikeW-71

Veteran
Bear in mind that Sportive course designers will throw in as many hills as they can get away with and the nastier the better. You do sometimes find flatter ones, but they aren't as common.

If you're also wanting to do long day riding, I would recommend a Defy Advanced Pro instead.

Cyclist33

I'd be surprised if a niche product with a fairly small production run ends up half price in the size you need, though they are fugly so you never know!

Come come..!
2015-05-04_10-21-19.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
It's repulsive, nothing pleasing at all. Ok the white bar tape is alright I guess assuming it's of decent quality and the chain is clean and shiny

Top Bottom