Road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beats777

Hi all

Currently using a hybrid but thinking of purchasing a road bike, budget of £1000, looking something with more relaxed style of riding and not lying over the back as much.

Any advise much appreciated

Dan77

vickster

Legendary Member
If you go for the Decathoon, you may find the wheels problematic in terms of tyre fitting!

Giant Defy/Contend have a relaxed geometry. Toy need to look ideally for a bike with a longer headtube, flipping the stem can also raise the bars up.

Dolan may have something too
Availability is a real issue at the moment, try a few local shops if you can.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
How tall are you? Some sizes might be more readily in stock than others.

Other than the geometry what else might you be wanting...double vs single chainring, gearing, disc vs rim brakes etc, colour...where are you based too as that might determine what you can get?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Typo, meant lying over the bike
We usually call it 'arse in the air' :laugh:

OP
OP
B

Beats777

So out of 4 bikes shops the only one I was advised on was trek domane al4, all other shops where struggling with stock, is this a good bike? or wait a yr till stock starts flowing in again then least I have a choice of bike not just buying the first one that comes along

vickster

Legendary Member
So out of 4 bikes shops the only one I was advised on was trek domane al4, all other shops where struggling with stock, is this a good bike? or wait a yr till stock starts flowing in again then least I have a choice of bike not just buying the first one that comes along
Was it the correct size? How much do you want a new bike for spring/summer?

the Trek Domane range is relaxed geometry as you specify, just make sure you get the right size not just the one the shop has!

You may not find stocks flowing in any time soon?
My LBS says everything they are expecting is already sold on pre order!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
The Trek Domane would be a good choice, as @vickster says Relaxed geometry is what you are looking for and size correctly.
A friend has a Domane and loves it, he really rates the Isospeed decoupler which he says makes it the smoothest ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beats777

GarminConnect_20210410-095110.jpg
So went for the cube attain race, was only a choice of 2 bikes I had all shops I tried didn't know when they wud get stock in, happy with it after first ride out today

Top Bottom