Road Chaos in Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A very quiet ride in this morning. Hardly a car or bus on the route.

Only one man can turn a midweek rush hour into a Sunday stroll, yes, the pontif is in town.

JoysOfSight

I took the MTB today in keen anticipation of some mega traffic jamming action in the city centre.

Reckon there was about 1/3 of the usual traffic, at most, and so free flowing that I set a new (MTB) record for the run in.

Gutted!

primalgeek

There were a lot more cyclists on the canal towpath this morning. Nearly had a head on collision with one as he overtook another cyclist on a blind bend and then seemed to play chicken with me as I approached him from the other direction... he won :sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Just waiting for the first thread from someone who gets cut up by a boxy white van with a glass roof with an elderly male passenger in a funny hat...

fimm

Veteran
Came in (to Livingston) on the big bike today rather that bike-train-biking with the Brompton - a lovely morning for a cycle with just a touch of a headwind. :-)

A very quiet ride in this morning. Hardly a car or bus on the route.

Only one man can turn a midweek rush hour into a Sunday stroll, yes, the pontif is in town.
That the quiest commute I've ever had cycling right theough what is supposed to the rush hour at 9am and back at 5 ish; can the Pope come back next week :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
That the quiest commute I've ever had cycling right theough what is supposed to the rush hour at 9am and back at 5 ish; can the Pope come back next week :thumbsup:

What, a sort of Second Coming?

I heard a funny thing on Thought for the Day, last Bank Holiday. The speaker joked that we should be prepared for the Second Coming on a bank holiday - after all Jesus was born on one, and died on one, makes sense he'd come back on one....

rosscbrown

Yup, a nice day out and about. Deadly quiet, funnily enough I too was thinking that that Popemobile looked mighty fine to draft behind...

Has anyone else noticed how well traffic flows in the city when Princes Street is closed? I know it is mainly used by buses but it somehow has quite the impact on the city...

Top Bottom