1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road cycling helmets for big heads?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Helmets and Shoes' started by SpuddyJones, 20 Dec 2016.

1. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

The BHSI is a US site, so not all the options will be available in the UK.

2. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

Surprised the Decathlon ones don't fit. I'm 60cm and have this one

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/sport-7-rr-xc-mtb-helmet-black-blue-id_8202770.html

Fits fine. It's out of stock but I can't imagine their other helmets will be differently sized

david k likes this.
  3. Joffey

Joffey Über Member

Kask fit my big head no problems and are comfy.

4. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Shape can be as important as size, I tried on loads before discovered Uvex Boss Race fit really well. Tried pretty much every other brand available including Kask, Giro etc. Specialized are too mushroomy for me!

david k likes this.
  5. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

If true, that's a shame - I'd hoped that they'd enough supervision and monitoring to keep product safely. I'll quote this again in https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-cyclechat-helmet-debate-thread.187059/

I can't check it over sufficiently for damage which could render it worse-than-useless - even the manuals say "damage may not be visible" (Giro) or "in the event of any impact or blow, do not use this helmet. There may be damage invisible to you, which may reduce the ability of the helmet to reduce the harmful effects of a blow to the head" (Specialized). Helmet users are effectively trusting the supply chain with their heads.

6. clockworksimon

clockworksimon Active Member

Just ordered a specialized max xl from Evans following this post. I have a 61cm head so looking forward to having a decent looking helmet that fits properly for once. Thanks!

david k and NorthernDave like this.
  7. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

if you head is huge and more round than oval try a Giro. I have several

8. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

This is NOT post about Helmet tests
    This is NOT a post about Helmet standards
    This is NOT a post to start a discussion on either subject

It is a contribution to THIS thread as it is about fake helmets

djmc and GGJ like this.