Road cycling helmets for big heads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Shape can be as important as size, I tried on loads before discovered Uvex Boss Race fit really well. Tried pretty much every other brand available including Kask, Giro etc. Specialized are too mushroomy for me!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Decathlon, who use a column of boxed helmets to make goalposts for the Sunday late shift warehouse footy game? I don't expect any shop staff on or close to minimum wage to treat the merch with kid gloves behind the scenes.
If true, that's a shame - I'd hoped that they'd enough supervision and monitoring to keep product safely. I'll quote this again in https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-cyclechat-helmet-debate-thread.187059/

You can check it over when it arrives for any sign of damage, if your not happy you can return it for a full refund.I've had hundreds of items off Ebay and nothing to date has arrived damaged.
I can't check it over sufficiently for damage which could render it worse-than-useless - even the manuals say "damage may not be visible" (Giro) or "in the event of any impact or blow, do not use this helmet. There may be damage invisible to you, which may reduce the ability of the helmet to reduce the harmful effects of a blow to the head" (Specialized). Helmet users are effectively trusting the supply chain with their heads.

This is NOT post about Helmet tests
This is NOT a post about Helmet standards
This is NOT a post to start a discussion on either subject

It is a contribution to THIS thread as it is about fake helmets

Top Bottom