Road cycling in Morocco?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
I'm looking at snatching a week's cycling in the warm next month. One possibility is Morocco, either Agadir or Marrakech, given that Michael "Eff Off" O'Leary is offering to fly me there and back for £25 plus taxes.

This will just be a week of out-and-back road rides, not touring or off road. What are the surfaces like? Is there a reasonable road network, or is it just main roads full of lorries taking boulders from A to B at 60 mph? Will I get stones thrown at me at every village? Whereabouts should I base myself?

jay clock

Massive member
Michael "Eff Off" O'Leary is offering to fly me there and back for £25 plus taxes.
...plus £60 for the bike assuming you take it with you.

I do not know the answer but suspect it is not ideal.... what about the Canaries?

OP
OP
A

ASC1951

Guru
Oh, I'm sure it will be at least £60 for the bike. Probably £1 each way for a piss, too, unless I can hold it in...

Morocco for a change, really. I have been to Tenerife twice, Lanzarote twice and Fuerteventura once - all great places for a week. Ditto Mallorca, the Algarve and most of the Spanish coast. I've had good cycling on Crete and Cyprus, too, but they can be damp in December; and Madeira was spectacular but ludicrously steep.

Top Bottom