Road Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deckard

Hi all, bit of a `first ` list here, first road bike ( Triban of course), first Forum and first thread !. Had my bike for two weeks now and apart from getting used to it being soo different from my 20 year old raliegh I`m lovin it, just using it in my lunch hour and then hoping to build up to some bigger distances around Worcestershire. Looking forward to the advice on upgrades and tips etc, Cheers.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
many owners of triban 3`s have been saying lately that the wheels are fairly basic so that would be a good upgrade as well as some better tyres.
I bought some shimano501`s at x mas from ribble for £70 , about half price and for the money they are good wheels, put some better tyres on them and your off.
With tyres it really depends on how much you want to spend and how long you want them to last .My boardman came with conti ultra sports which are a cheap good tyre, i run conti gator skins on the commuter as they are a fast rolling puncture resistant tyre.
At the higher end you could look at scwable durano or ultremo`s but although the ultremo`s are the bees knees they cut up easily and wear fairly quick.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome. Lots of Triban owners on here so you won't be lonely. I have to confess that I prefer the older vintage bikes, so might enjoy your old Raleigh more!

Most will tell you to change the tyres first, then the wheels. I should wear the originals out first. Anyway have fun with it. Plenty of help on here so you can always ask.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
evening and welcome aboard

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Hi all, bit of a `first ` list here, first road bike ( Triban of course), first Forum and first thread !. Had my bike for two weeks now and apart from getting used to it being soo different from my 20 year old raliegh I`m lovin it, just using it in my lunch hour and then hoping to build up to some bigger distances around Worcestershire. Looking forward to the advice on upgrades and tips etc, Cheers.
Next upgrade? Miles under the belt. Some great riding in Worcestershire.

Kies

Welcome mate .... Keep riding and upgrade the wheels/tyres all in one go, you will feel the difference once your more accustomed to the road bike.
Good choice for 1st bike :smile:

OP
OP
D

Deckard

Thanks All for your messages, great to feel part of a community of` like minded types` and i see quite a few from my neck of the woods too. Read so much about changing to RS10`s is the weight/ speed/ handling that different compared to stock rims , are they heavy in comparison?, Cheers first of many questions no doubt.

Top Bottom