Road or MTB ride tomorrow? Hmmm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Decisions, decisions....
I'm of work tomorrow and can't decide whether to do a Road or Off Road ride. Weather looks quite good for October but with loads of rain over the last couple of days, the bridleways across the fields to Salcey Forest could be as claggy as a claggy thing!
But in the bike shed, the 1st two bikes are my MTB's so I'd have to move them the get the Defy 2 out.
What to do......

Hmmmmm.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My MTB only goes a mile to the shop and back because I don't trust the toerags around here even looking at my Defy ! Im actually finding it odd that the Defy is behind the other bikes :eek:

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

It usually depends on which bikes I've been out on before....
And luckily I don't have the 'shop' problem with my bikes as I only ever park the old Single Speed Pub/Tesco bike when I go to the shops or town

Decisions, decisions....
I'm of work tomorrow and can't decide whether to do a Road or Off Road ride. Weather looks quite good for October but with loads of rain over the last couple of days, the bridleways across the fields to Salcey Forest could be as claggy as a claggy thing!
But in the bike shed, the 1st two bikes are my MTB's so I'd have to move them the get the Defy 2 out.
What to do......

Hmmmmm.

If you don't mind the mud deffo the MTB,

went today we did 33 miles mix of firetrack/mud bath/b-road around Geddington, Lyveden New Bield, Aldwinkle, Stanwick lakes etc.
Came back completely plastered, even the Sealskinz were wet inside, but loved every minute.

Worst parts were tracks that had mud and straw on the ground which soon clogged up the front forks.

Bob

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Ahhh, mud & straw. Nothing quite wattle and dawb to slow you down a bit!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I haven't ridden my mountain bike for over a year now, it's a lovely full rigid titanium bike but it's just gathering dust, the culmination of 22 years of "development" in my old life as a mountain biker. Think I might sell it.

I think part of the problem is that, having gone over to The Road, I no longer relish the idea of getting wet and filthy. I did that for 22 years, did all the night riding and Polaris trailquests and races and have now discovered the cleanliness and purity of road riding. A shame but true.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I haven't ridden my mountain bike for over a year now, it's a lovely full rigid titanium bike but it's just gathering dust, the culmination of 22 years of "development" in my old life as a mountain biker. Think I might sell it.
But ...

Nooooooo - Specializedcf doesn't have quite the same ring to it!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Ahha! I just posted the details in My Ride Today!
I went for the Road option and ended up on a Metric Ton. Todays route went via Earls Barton, Gt Doddington, Wollaston, over the hills to Odell and Turvey then south of Olney to Emberton and Tyringham, Gayhurst and onwards to my cake stop at Salcey Forest.
62 miles by the time I got home. (Via Mears Ashby, Sywell & Overstone)

I've just finished a Chicken Curry and working on a bottle of wine now :thumbsup:

Top Bottom