Road Racing & Aero Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Obviously if you're not trying to prove anything, then threads like this should be of no interest. For instance, I'm sure there are still people around who believe the earth is flat, because they don't know any better.

Cyclist33

Obviously if you're not trying to prove anything, then threads like this should be of no interest. For instance, I'm sure there are still people around who believe the earth is flat, because they don't know any better.

the Earth IS flat if you live in cheshire.

but seriously, i hope youre not suggesting that a thread may only be interesting and or contributed to if the putative contributor can and wishes to prove scientifically their point? wouldnt be much of a forum if so. i use the term scientifically in its conventional sense because everybody knows that qualitative information and opinion make the world go round as surely as physics. you'd hope.

the existence value and feelgood factor of new wheels and their contribution to the biodiversity of aesthetic tastes justifies selection and purchase of new wheels as surely as any physical modelling does, as far as im concerned. it also helps the economy and supports green transport and promotes cycling in general.

the Earth IS flat if you live in cheshire.

cut cut cut cut cut cut

the existence value and feelgood factor of new wheels and their contribution to the biodiversity of aesthetic tastes justifies selection and purchase of new wheels as surely as any physical modelling does, as far as im concerned. it also helps the economy and supports green transport and promotes cycling in general.

I never denied that, in fact in another thread an OP and I agreed that he should get fancier wheels 'cause he thought they were very pretty or some such. I have no argument nor beef against that. This post started off because a beginner asked for advice and he was given the normal story about lighter wheels, deep section etc when he definitely could do better without them. Then the argument started.

As for your take on stiff and comfortable and my translation of comfort as compliance, I don't see were you find the inaccuracy in my use of "compliance". Comfort can only come from compliance, nothing else (assuming that the wheel is actually round). But perhaps you have other sources for comfort in wheels?

Last edited:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
That would hardly constitute a reliable experiment. Too many variables and no controls.

Depends how you go about it...

montage

God Almighty
Square ones

Wheels don't actually have to be circular....

Rouleaux_triangle_Animation.gif

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
the issue of 'plagiarism' can be solved easily enough. Simply copy a block of the 'offending' text written above - and then run it through google. If google gets any hits on it with links other than to this site, then there's your answer.

That is what I call an exact science :whistle:

Top Bottom